Ruby had a follow-up visit at Primary Children's on Monday and it went great. She was the best patient. She also has grown 2 inches and 4 lbs since her last visit. INCREDIBLE! We think it probably has something to do with her finally being off all steroids. Pretty amazing. The greatest part of the appointment was, since Ruby does all her treatments via mouth piece now, Dr Chatfield said we could try to use the faster nebulizer, it will do her medication over 2 minutes instead of 30 minutes. IT WILL CHANGE OUR LIVES! We have to wait for the pharmacy to get it to us and then go up to Primary's to be educated about how to use it, but I'm super excited. The funniest part of the appointment was when Lab came in to draw blood. She normally needs to held down, but when the Lab tech asked if she needed another person, Ruby informed her that she is really brave. While the lab tech was looking for a spot to draw from, the nurse came in to give me some prescriptions and as I looked over, Ruby is holding her breath and closing her eyes while the Lab tech drew blood. Ruby didn't move or cry or even make a sound. Have I mentioned that she is my hero? I just love her. She is such a great kid.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Ruby had her first day of kindergarten yesterday. She was so excited until we got to the door, then I suddenly had a growth on my leg. We did finally get her detached but I left with her crying. When I picked her up from school I asked how it went and she said, "I was a little sad when you left me there, and I had water coming out of my eyes." So sad, but she did great
. Today was not much better, her teacher had to take her from me again. I think I won't be walking her in anymore. We are super excited about her teacher this year, first of all Lucy (Ruby's big sister) had Mrs. Reiber in kindergarten and we loved her, but second of all her son has Cystic Fibrosis. It's so nice to have someone that is comfortable with Ruby's disease and will be aware of her needs. (and YEAH to almost 3 hours a day without children)
Ruby had a follow-up visit at Primary Children's on Monday and it went great. She was the best patient. She also has grown 2 inches and 4 lbs since her last visit. INCREDIBLE! We think it probably has something to do with her finally being off all steroids. Pretty amazing. The greatest part of the appointment was, since Ruby does all her treatments via mouth piece now, Dr Chatfield said we could try to use the faster nebulizer, it will do her medication over 2 minutes instead of 30 minutes. IT WILL CHANGE OUR LIVES! We have to wait for the pharmacy to get it to us and then go up to Primary's to be educated about how to use it, but I'm super excited. The funniest part of the appointment was when Lab came in to draw blood. She normally needs to held down, but when the Lab tech asked if she needed another person, Ruby informed her that she is really brave. While the lab tech was looking for a spot to draw from, the nurse came in to give me some prescriptions and as I looked over, Ruby is holding her breath and closing her eyes while the Lab tech drew blood. Ruby didn't move or cry or even make a sound. Have I mentioned that she is my hero? I just love her. She is such a great kid.
Ruby had a follow-up visit at Primary Children's on Monday and it went great. She was the best patient. She also has grown 2 inches and 4 lbs since her last visit. INCREDIBLE! We think it probably has something to do with her finally being off all steroids. Pretty amazing. The greatest part of the appointment was, since Ruby does all her treatments via mouth piece now, Dr Chatfield said we could try to use the faster nebulizer, it will do her medication over 2 minutes instead of 30 minutes. IT WILL CHANGE OUR LIVES! We have to wait for the pharmacy to get it to us and then go up to Primary's to be educated about how to use it, but I'm super excited. The funniest part of the appointment was when Lab came in to draw blood. She normally needs to held down, but when the Lab tech asked if she needed another person, Ruby informed her that she is really brave. While the lab tech was looking for a spot to draw from, the nurse came in to give me some prescriptions and as I looked over, Ruby is holding her breath and closing her eyes while the Lab tech drew blood. Ruby didn't move or cry or even make a sound. Have I mentioned that she is my hero? I just love her. She is such a great kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow, Ruby rocks!!! Will has to get a blood draw soon and I still bribe him simply not to hit or kick. To do it without an extra set of hands to hold her still is a miracle. I think she might be my hero too. Do you think you could get a video of her next time so I can show Will?
ReplyDelete