Monday, February 14, 2011

Well today was a good day, Annie and Lucy's test came back in the normal range. Ruby has figured out how to take her enzymes. We had a great nurse Corey that gave us the idea to pour the "sprinkles" into apple juice and then Ruby gets to vacuum them up with a straw. She loved it and no more fights (today) on taking her enzymes. We have new battle. She is so smart and strong willed, eventually those will become very positive qualities, but today they are not my favorite. She has vest treatments every 4 hours and she has to practice a breathing technique which we call "HUFFS." Well these "huffs" are the only thing we can't actually force her to do. She has realized this and sometimes she's not in the mood and then a 30 min treatment becomes a 90 min treatment. Between her attitude and my lack of sleep sometimes we clash. This morning after battling for 30 minutes for her to take 6 breaths, I finally said to the therapist, I think I'm making this worse, I'm going to leave. I took a little break and came back 15 minutes later and the nurse told me it still wasn't going well and I should take a longer break. The whole treatment took 90 minutes. It has go to be so frustrating for her to have to do so many things she doesn't want to do and at four she really doesn't understand why it is important. I need to pick my battles, I just wish I didn't have so many battles to choose from.

5 comments:

  1. You and Miss Ruby are in my thoughts daily. I wish the best for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the other girls' test were good! I'm sorry little Ruby has to go through all this. I'm not past bribery for things. Do you want more tic tacs or something & then if she'll do her huffs or be brave for dressing changes etc she could have some? Let me know what I can do for you. I wish I could stay the night with her & give you a good nights sleep. Sleep always helps. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how frustrating this is for sweet Ruby and you for that matter. So glad to hear the older two are in the clear. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruby Duby you are keeping your mommy on her toes, to say it nicely! Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes to a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing mom Sue. You are extremely patient and I admire how you choose to be so positive. Your girls are lucky to have you! Happy you get to go home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete